Afternoons with Mike Sanders
Lite Rock 95.9 drives you home weekdays with Mike Sanders, The Sandman!
Mike grew up along the Gulf Coast of Florida, and that's where he got the name Sandman. He worked in Jacksonville, Savannah and Denver before finding his way here.
Mike loves to ski but never quite got a handle on snow boarding - he feels like little people with tattoos are better equipped for that - and no - he doesn't have any tattoos, but is considering perhaps a Smurf or a dragon.
Mike loves going to the movies and watching the Bachelor - mostly because he tried out once but didn’t make the cut - and is searching for his Ms. Right, so there are plenty of potential gals that get kicked off the show - plus there are plenty on dating websites - so hopefully he'll find lady luck this year. His sister helps keep him in line and review potential candidates.
Mike came to Cookeville after a road trip to Nashville, and he decided to move and settle in here. As long as there's a Starbucks - he's good. Though he may not do any table dancing there - believe it or not - he's shy - a bit of a wallflower.
Mike started out in radio with a stutter, which is gone now, but trust us, even though he likes karaoke, we've assured him there's none to be found in town. He. Can't. Sing. Seriously.
The Sandman is happy to drive the Upper Cumberland home playing fun, upbeat hits weekdays on Lite Rock 95.9!
Want more Sandman?
1. What's in your CD player or on your personal playlist right now? Right now I'm listening to Jason Mraz and Florence & The Machine
2. What's your favorite movie? My new favorite has to be Moneyball, Jonah Hill cracks me up, and I got a man crush on Brad Pitt
3. What do you watch on T.V.? NCIS and Dateline and Bravo
4. Where are you most likely to be spotted around Cookeville? Any coffee place, Starbucks, The Perk and Poets
5. What are your top three favorite foods? Sushi, Seafood (Coming from the beach and all) and Calzones
6. You're going to the movies. What are you getting at the concession stand? I sneak in candy bars...don't tell
7. Do you have pets? No...at least none that I'm aware of
8. What made you want to work in radio? I love music and going backstage at concerts
9. What was your first job? Actually it was a radio job when I was 17, been hooked ever since
10. Can you picture yourself with a different career, if so - what? I could see myself as a carney, running rides at the County Fair
Phone The Studio: 931-520-0959