Lite Rock 95-9 Middays with Marcia Lee
Weekdays 10AM - 2PM
Lite Rock 95.9 helps your workday pass a little faster with Marcia Lee each weekday, playing continuous Lite Rock favorites.
Marcia Lee has celebrated a successful career in the performing arts. At the tender age of 16, Marcia Lee began her five-year run in the motion picture industry, working with the casts of Titanic, Forest Gump, Star Wars and others.
Okay. Okay....maybe she just wore a polyester vest & bow tie and sold tickets at the Highland Cinema in Cookeville, but she did once butter Alan Jackson's popcorn...can you say that? Marcia Lee also spent time as the celebrity spokesperson for Shoneys (i.e. she dressed up like the Shoney's Bear).
While attending Tennessee Tech University, Marcia Lee earned her B.A. & M.A. in English, minoring in history with particular emphasis also in psychology & French, even carrying her studies to Europe. It was just before traveling abroad that she began her career in broadcasting.
Marcia Lee has also enjoyed performing on stage at both TTU's Backdoor Playhouse & in the Cookeville Performing Arts Center's Backstage series. If she's a little dramatic, it's part of her charm. She gets it from her mother's people.
Since the summer of 2010, Marcia Lee has been spending her middays on Literock 95.9, sharing her recipes, quirky stories & fun upbeat hits to make the workday pass a little faster. Tune in! Enjoy!
What you may not know about Marcia Lee...
1. What's in your CD player or on your personal playlist right now? Some people find this surprising...My pick Three - never more than an arm's length away: 8-Ball & MJG - We Are The South Greatest Hits; Plies - The Real Testament; Rick Ross - Port of Miami. I NEVER leave home without them. Yes, I love gangsta rap...but I don't understand the 8-Ball lyric, "Ham sandwich in the driveway," and hope to one day meet Mr. Ball and understand the meaning.
2. What's your favorite movie? It's hard to say - but (sheepish grin) I have to stop channel surfing EVERY time I see Julia Roberts "Pretty Woman." Guilty pleasure.
3. What do you watch on T.V.? There was a time that I would have told you LOST was the greatest show of all time - so great my son's name is Sawyer. But since the series finale (if you can even call it that...still disgusted), I deny having ever watched it, claim to be a big Mark Twain fan and stick to shows that I know will never disappoint me that I don't have to put any effort in to enjoy: The Young & The Restless & Drop Dead Diva.
4. Where are you most likely to be spotted around Cookeville? Without question - I spend nearly as much time at Kroger as I do at home. I'm there so much, I might as well be the mascot.
5. What are your top three favorite foods? Without question my top three foods: Sushi, anything from House of Thai or just about any Japanese or Chinese place that's loaded with vegetables, coconut shrimp from Red-Lobster.
6. You're going to the movies. What are you getting at the concession stand? I rarely go to the theater now, but during the days that I worked there and you ate free popcorn if you brought your own container, it was coke, buttered popcorn & M&Ms - plain or peanut or those delicious chocolate almonds....mmmm....nutty....
7. Do you have pets? Just one - my five year old son Sawyer...though he has a variety of pets...including a squirrel he calls Lloyd that he leaves peanuts for on the porch rail at my parent's house.
8. What made you want to work in radio? Well truthfully, I wanted to work in public relations and started working in radio in hopes of eventually working in public relations and public service...and I guess...I sort of do! I never thought I wanted to be a DJ - that was sort of accidental - but since I'm a real talker - I guess it's understandable why I love it!
9. What was your first job? My first job was as a clerk at Baxter Bi-Rite in my hometown of Baxter, TN.
10. Can you picture yourself with a different career, if so - what? The only thing I love as much as radio - as far as a career goes - is cooking. I love to cook. I love creating beautiful and delicious food and have even done some catering - most recently a beautiful wedding at DelMonaco Winery. One day, I plan to be a multi-bazillionaire with a chain of franchised catering companies, called "Marlee's" of course...short for Marcia Lee...
Phone the Studio: 931-520-0959