Lite Rock 95.9 Sheila In The Morning
Lite Rock 95.9 gets each weekday started with Sheila In The Morning. Originally from Lynchburg, TN (By the way, Sheila makes excellent lemonade...), Sheila lives in Cookeville with husband Tim and her fuzzy "kids."
Sheila has always wanted a career in the spotlight. As a child, Sheila desperately wanted to be a professional whistler...but a series of unfortunate playground pranks involving sticking her tongue to a frozen flag pole brought those dreams to an end. Luckily, Sheila was encouraged by her Granny who said, "A whistling woman and a crowing hen always comes to a bad end."
When she's not waking you up on Lite Rock 95.9, Sheila is the Public Service Director, and can often be spotted at community events around the area spreading support and smiles - it's what she loves and what she does best!
Let Sheila make you smile weekday mornings with Sheila In The Morning on Lite Rock 95.9!
What you may not know about Sheila...
1. What's in your CD player or on your personal playlist right now? A LOT of artists on my i-pod: James Taylor, Sheryl Crow, Adele, Dolly Parton, Train, Maroon 5, Annie Lennox, Big & Rich, Keith Urban and more!
2. What's your favorite movie? I love the Wizard of Oz!
3. What do you watch on T.V.? "The Big Bang Theory", American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, anything on OWN, CNN
4. Where are you most likely to be spotted around Cookeville? Going to the movies, eating out, shopping, any of the parks.
5. What are your top three favorite foods? southern dishes like my Mama's dressing, homemade chicken salad with nuts & grapes and Tom Kha soup from House of Thai in Cookeville
6. You're going to the movies. What are you getting at the concession stand? Most of the time I've eaten before I go, so I skip this BUT Nachos with extra cheese (I know bad)
7. Do you have pets? Two rescued cats: Chaz is my solid black cat and Sophie is a silver gray tabby. I rescued my dog Izzy from the Putnam Co. animal shelter as a puppy. She's an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler)
8. What made you want to work in radio? Curiosity about people! I knew I could meet different people, do interviews, be involved in my community and at the same time keep up with one of my favorite things, MUSIC!
9. What was your first job? Fred's check-out girl and also stocking shelves there.
10. Can you picture yourself with a different career, if so - what? The only other would be something working with animals. Music and animals are the little escapes in the hectic things from life. If I hadn't chosen broadcasting, my second choice was to be a veterinarian or zoologist.
Links: Facebook ll E-Mail
Phone the Studio : 931-520-0959