Stop on by and make memories all weekend long with Lite Rock 95.9 and Mike Allen’s fun, upbeat hits.
Music has been a part of Mike Allen’s life from his earliest memory. Riding in the car with his parents, the radio was ALWAYS on, and his first memories are truly of songs, who did them, when they were made, and of course the words and the music.
Great memories include Mike’s Dad and Uncle in the basement listening to music when he went to bed (on a school night), and when he awoke for school the next morning, they were still there!
From an early age, Mike knew that music made people happy, and made him happy. As Mike got older, he rocked in a band, wore makeup and spandex for awhile, then realized he wasn’t going to be the .001% that made it, so he needed a career.
Architecture or something to do with music is what Mike settled on. He figured music would be a whole lot easier than architecture, so he chose radio – that way he would be playing the music.
After a few trips across country playing all different kinds of music, he has been in the Upper Cumberland…for over 18 years now…playing fun, upbeat hits for your weekend with Mike Allen on Lite Rock 95.9.
Want more Mike…
1. What’s in your CD player or on your personal playlist right now? At the moment this is being written, Ozzy’s Blizzard of Ozz. Plus KISS, Rush, Beatles, and so on.
2. What’s your favorite movie? Once Upon A Time in America, Godfather 1 & 2, Star Wars, and funny stuff that’s so stupid you have to laugh, like Airplane.
3. What do you watch on T.V.? I love to learn, Discovery, Science, National Geographic, and Wipe Out…again, something so stupid you have to laugh, who doesn’t want to see people get whacked in the face and fall down?
4. Where are you most likely to be spotted around Cookeville? In my truck or on the bike…otherwise I’m inside and you won’t see me.
5. What are your top three favorite foods? Chocolate…chocolate…and well, chocolate.
6. You’re going to the movies. What are you getting at the concession stand? Check out #5 above.
7. Do you have pets? My pets were my kids…and unfortunately are no longer with us.
8. What made you want to work in radio? I needed a career and didn’t want to go back to school, plus I loved music and so here I am.
9. What was your first job? Doing a morning show in the Florida Keys…it was awesome! Off the air at 10am, at the beach by 10:30am.
10. Can you picture yourself with a different career, if so – what? Architecture, or maybe getting my History degree and teaching.